Friday, May 28, 2010

Fighting the Effects of Ice Cream in a Bag

I've started doing a little jogging recently and am in need of a mix tape. Everyone has their own groove, but here's what I'm bobbing my head to right now. The two compilations below are about 20 - 30 minutes each.

LWB Mix Tape #1
Bust a Move - Young MC*
True Skool - Roots Manuva
Bonafide Lover - Chromeo
Breathe Another Day - Mickey Facts
That Tree - Snoop Dog feat. Kid Cudi
100 Yard Dash - Raphael Saadiq
Sabali - Amadou & Mariam feat. Theophilus
W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E - Wale
Night by Night - Chromeo

*I am hoping to improve my kareoke rendition of Bust a Move by listening to it as often as possible. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to keep up with Young MC.

LWB Mix Tape #2
Sleepyhead (The Knocks Remix) - Passion Pit
Lotsa lala la la - DJ BC
California Soul (Diplo Remix) - Marlena Shaw
Up From the South - The Budos Band
Paris is Burning - Ladyhawke
Baby I'm Yours (Siriusmo Remix) - BreakBot
Slick - Chew Lips
Home - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros

I don't usually arrange my mix tapes in any particular order because I am a big user of the shuffle option on my ipod... if I don't shuffle, then I know what to expect next from the playlist and that can be deadly for my motivation to keep going (i.e. I don't want to know I have 6 more songs to go before my run is over!).

No comments:

Post a Comment